Obesity is a medical condition in which excessive body fat has accumulated to the extend that it may have a negative effect on the health leading to decreased life expectency or increased health problem.
it is being defined by BMI(Body mass index).Further evaluation in the terms of fat distribution via the waist hip ratio.
- Upto 18.5 = under weight
- 18.5-25.0 = normal weight
- 25.0-30.0 = over weight
- 30.0-35.0 = class 1 obesity
- 35.0-40.0 = class 2 obesity
- 40.0- =class 3 obesity
1.Excessive intake of high calorie food
2.Type 2 diabetic mellites
3.Obstructive sleep apnea
Home Remedies to reduce Obesity
Simple techniques that can be made use are:
- 1. 1Glass lukewarm water + 1 tea spoon honey+ 1 teaspoon lemon juice ,early morning on empty stomac.
- 2. 2 teaspoon triphala choornam boil in 500ml water for 5 min strain and have it .for taste add honey.
- 3. 1 Cup of water + 3 teaspoon lemon juice + 1 teaspoon honey + 1 pinch of black pepper powder ,two times a day.
- 4. 1/2 teaspoon grind ginger + 1 teaspoon green tea put this in boiled water (500ml) for 3-4 min ,take 1-2 cup daily in empty stomac.
- 5. 1/2 or 1 cup of yoghurt + 1 teaspoon honey as breakfast.
- 6.1 cup of chilled bottlegourd juice + little lime juice should be taken insted of snacks.
- 7. Chappaties made of ragi for breakfast & dinner
- 8. Make an habbit to take plenty of cuccumber every day.
- 9. Take a glass of carrot juice first in the morning.
- 10. Take a glass of aleovera juice daily.
- 11. Have 1 – 2 Fresh apples daily .
- 12. Take 2 ripe tomatoes in the morning.
- 13.Sprinkle black pepper powder in lemon juice and have .
Yoga its a science of right living and its works well when integrated in our daily life. It works on all aspects of the person including physical ,mental ,emotional,psychic& spiritual.
The word yoga means oneness,it is derived from the sanskrit word yuj which means to join.
Beneficial Yoga Postures
- 1.Garudasana – 2min
- 2.Trikonasana – 2min
- 3.Parvatasana – 2min
- 4.Ardhamatsyendriyasana – 2min
- 5.Hastapadasana – 1mi
- 6. Padmasana – 1min
- 7. Dhanurasanam – 1min
- 8.shavasanam – 1min + Suryanamaskaram – 8 min.