Every human being wants to live long and nobody wants to get old. We can improve quality and life span through Ayurveda beauty care and tips. It enlivens body and mind and also enhances vitality
Sirodhara, medicated steam baths and herbal face packs are the most used forms for beauty care in Ayurveda. Natural ingredients are used in the process of cleansing, toning and rejuvenating the skin
Cleansing the Skin :
Dip a piece of cotton wool in 100 ml unboiled milk which is mixed with a pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of lime juice. Wipe on the face with the cotton. It also cleans unseen dirt and goes down to pores. This enhances the complexion and glow of face
Skin Moisturizer :
- Make a lotion by mixing equal quantities of lime juice, glycerin and rose water. Apply the mixture in the night and wash it off in the morning. It helps in removing pimples, blackheads and other stains of the skin
- Mix 100 ml of tomato juice with two teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this lotion to the face and it helps to nourish the skin
- Apply orange juice to the face and body for smooth and soft skin.
- For dry skin, mix one table spoon of honey with cooked oatmeal. Apply this mixture on face and wash it off after few minutes. It acts as a very good moisturizer and cleanser.
- Apply egg yolk once in a week for 10 minutes, avoids wrinkles
- By practicing yoga and meditation and leading a healthy lifestyle, we can avoid ageing process.
- Carry an umbrella, wear sun glasses and apply sun screen lotions before going out in hot sun.
Mukhalepam – Application of Herbal paste which is meant to nourish the skin, especially on the face and neck. The skin absorbs the essence of the pack and the result is an even tone, improved complexion, removal of blemishes wrinkles and blackheads. Use masks of Papaya, orange peel, turmeric powder etc
In Ayurveda, hair care involves moisturizing and massaging the scalp with herbal oils or juices which nourish and strengthen the hair roots and promote hair growth. Coconut oil medicated with Bringaraja, Neela, Amalaki, Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Brahmi Neem can be massaged on scalp daily with finger tips. Include more proteins on the food like milk, egg ,buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, Soya beans, whole grains and nuts.